The most frequent dental health issues can either be prevented or treated by family dentistry specialists before they worsen. Your smile may be in danger due to many dental health issues. You could be at risk of experiencing pain or losing teeth. Most people know brushing and flossing is the best way to maintain oral health. Although numerous treatments are available, keeping good oral health requires regular visits to your family dentist.
Maintaining Oral Health with a Family Dentist
Maintaining your children’s dental health can be challenging. Most parents need more dental or mouth health knowledge to help their kids. Children may experience severe problems with their lips and teeth as a result. Educating yourself is the first step in maintaining oral health for your kid. While there are things you can do at home to promote good health habits, your dentist can also help by:
- Dental Checkups: You can determine the value of your procedures by having a dental examination. During these examinations, your dentist can spot and address any problems. Dentists use X-Rays and oral cameras to detect whether a patient has dental decay, gum disease, or infection. In addition to checking for common problems, your dentist will test for cancer and make sure your child’s teeth are developing correctly.
- Dental Cleanings: Dentists use cleanings to combat foul odor, stains, cavities, infections, and gum disease. Professional dental cleanings are crucial. Plaque and tartar are eliminated from the teeth’s surface and the gingival line during a dental cleaning. Cleanings help your dentist identify possible cavities and prevent tooth decay.
- Perio Cleaning: Your dentist may advise a perio cleaning if your gums are tender, irritated, and bleeding when you floss. During periodic cleanings, buildup on the teeth, gums, and roots is removed using ultrasonic instruments. Some cleanings require just one appointment, while others may require more. The length of time depends on how harmful the plaque and tartar are.
- Bruxism: People with the disease known as bruxism grind their teeth while they sleep. The discomfort in your face, head, and jaw that results from teeth grinding can harm your teeth. Dentists frequently give them customized mouthguards to help their patients stop grinding their teeth.
- TMJ Treatment: TMJ is a condition brought on by an unbalanced jaw. The patient’s jaw is strained, and they have trouble shutting their mouths. Headaches, jaw popping, and neck and facial discomfort can all be brought on by TMJ. Your dentist may recommend a tool to improve your mouth and lessen pain.
Family dentistry focuses on improving oral health, especially in children and adolescents. Family and general dentists are very similar, but family dentists generally have more experience treating young patients. Even competent pediatricians may work as family dentists.
Choose Dickey Dental As Your Family Dentist
Our customers are our top priority at Dickey Dental. When you come to our office for a checkup or treatment, we want to ensure your entire family is cared for. Dr. Hugh Brad Dickey will assist you in developing a solid dental hygiene routine. Our dentists know that when you are knowledgeable about dental hygiene, your kids will also be. To make an appointment with Dr. Dickey, call our office at (803) 329-2126. Your family’s oral health is just as important to us as it is to you that your kid has good dental hygiene.